1. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Us. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Regulation 2019 and in General Data Protection Regulation;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer when you visit certain parts of the Blackcopper website and/or when you use certain features of the website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in clause 11 below;
User or You: any third party that accesses the Blackcopper website and is not either (i) employed by Us and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Us and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website or App: the website or blackcopper mobile app that you are currently using, www.blackcopper.io, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.Product: Blackcopper
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
iii. a reference to a person includes individuals, firms, companies, government entities, trusts, and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it; and
3. DATA COLLECTED
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as telephone numbers;
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected); and
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
- Location data
4. USE OF DATA
- For purposes of the Data Protection Regulation 2019, We are the “Data controller”.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Regulation 2019 and General Data Protection Regulation. For more details on security see clause 10 below.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our product. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products/services;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customize or update the product;
- We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services to develop new ones and to protect us and our users.
- We use your Personal Information to process and administer details of your account, to communicate with you, to provide you with opportunities, and to keep you up to date with new Blackcopper Services Limited developments.
- We also use and analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business. We may contact you using the information you voluntarily provide. It’s important for you to understand that:
- Except as set forth herein, we do not share your information with unaffiliated companies for marketing purposes without your prior permission.
- Unless you opt-out, we may share information about you among companies affiliated with us to inform you about additional products, services or promotions that may be of interest to you.
- If you contact us for troubleshooting, we may also keep a record of that fact to better serve you and other customers in the future.
5. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
We may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the product. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this product.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
7. CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
8. CONTROLLING USE OF YOUR DATA
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
9. FUNCTIONALITY OF THE PRODUCT
- To use all the features and functions available on the product, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- Data security is of great importance to Blackcopper and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this product.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the product you are responsible for keeping this password/pin confidential.
- We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal data. However, the transmission of information to us over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the product
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 and General Data Protection Regulation.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling us to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of this website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into the secure areas of this website.
- Analytical/performance cookies.
They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around this website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way this website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies.
These are used to recognize you when you return to this website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies.
These cookies record your visit to this website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
12. TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE NIGERIA DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of Nigeria. For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside Nigeria or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside Nigeria. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside Nigeria. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in Nigeria.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other right or remedy.
- Where the Parties are unable to resolve any dispute amicably within fourteen (14) days of holding consultations after a dispute arises, such dispute shall be referred to a single arbitrator appointed by mutual agreement of the Parties; provided that where the Parties are unable to agree on a sole arbitrator within five (5) days, such dispute shall be referred to a single arbitrator appointed by the President of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act Cap. A18 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties and the unsuccessful party in any such arbitration shall be responsible for the payment of the arbitrator’s fees unless the arbitrator directs otherwise;
- No limitation clause in this Policy shall avail a Data Controller who is in breach of any provision of this Policy.
14. SECURITY & INFORMATION RETENTION
15. WHAT RISKS DO I TAKE BY SHARING INFORMATION?
Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your personal information, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your personal information. We cannot ensure that the information you share on this website will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on this website. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password and using up to date antivirus software.
16. THIRD-PARTY SITES
17. WHAT INFORMATION OF MINE CAN I ACCESS?
If you are a customer, you can access information associated with your Account by logging into the Services. Customers and visitors can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings.
18. HOW CAN I DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT?
Should you ever decide to deactivate your account, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you deactivate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account.
- You may contact us by email at email@example.com.
20. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
All comments, queries, and requests relating to our use of your personal information are welcomed and should be addressed to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org